Kinabatangan River, Borneo - July 2009

Current Location

----------

S. Kinabatangan, Sabah, Malaysian Borneo


----------

10 June 2010

Football, Papers, and Snakes, Oh My! It's England time!!!!

First of all, I'd like to say wow!! Over 110 viewers in a week! I will try not to let you guys down with updates for sure! :)

So I've FINALLY made it through security at the airport - an hour wait in line and some very angry people - but now its time to relax before I head back to lovely island of the United Kingdom.

To everyone I got to visit with here in Calgary - thank you sooo much for taking the time to see me and for picking up where we had left off, that being 2 years for most of us! I had such an excellent time and reminded me just how important you all are to me. For those of you I didn't get a chance to see - I'm sorry! and next time I'm back, you guys are in for a serious catch up visit!!! I hope that the we will all stay in better contact from now on, I don't want to wait another 2 years to catch up!

And an extra message to the lovely mrs. adrienne town - I still am sooo happy that I was able to be here pre- and post- birth of lincoln! he is such a wonderful little boy, and is the luckiest baby in the world to have you and jonathan as parents. love you all so much! <3

But now back to Oxford - I'm so excited! It will be a whirlwind week as I have to finish up everything for my southeast asia trip - mainly lesson plans for Borneo! yikes! :) I figure I should also freshen up my snake knowledge as well, never know when that might come to be important! I also need to finish up a paper I am hoping to publish in the near future and I am contributing to a blog for a primate sanctuary about proboscis monkeys! I will pass along the link to the sanctuary as soon as I get my blogs written for it! And somehow, in between writing papers, preparing lesson plans and learning about snakes, I've got the WORLD CUP to watch! I'm super excited about being able to experience it in the UK - even though it is taking place in South Africa, it will be so great to watch it in a country that actually likes the sport ("like" being an extreme understatement). Boy it is a busy 7 days I've got ahead of me!

Almost time to board the plane! Lets hope for some good films and for SLEEP! Be in touch soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment